23454 Sunset Drive, Los Gatos California | Contemporary luxury property in the heart of the highly sought-after Villa Del Monte neighborhood. 4bd/6ba plus 1/1 pool/Guest house. Spectacular Monterey Bay and mountain top views inside and out while still close to Downtown Los Gatos, or the beaches! Completely renovated in the last 6 years.
A private estate, while still among neighbors, this home is a rare opportunity.
Less than 2 mi. from your doorstep, just a quick beautiful drive to; award winning wineries, hiking and biking trails, the fantastic Summit Store Grocery, and award winning schools. Just 8 mi. to Downtown Los Gatos for shopping, Michelin star restaurant dining, breweries, music festivals and events. Or head to the sand! Skip Highway 17 and instead take a lovely 14 mi. drive down the mountain back roads to Capitola Downtown and Beaches or Santa Cruz.
Dual gated entry opens to a picture perfect setting. A grand foyer entrance welcomes you home to a dazzling 3800+/-sf of Main Floor living space, each room flowing seamlessly to the next. A stunning backdrop of sweeping views all the way out to Monterey Bay are seen from every room.
In addition to an outstanding location and amazing views this home features 1100sf dedicated to entertaining and enjoyment! This great space includes a state-of-the-art home theater for 15, wine cellar, tasting room, a huge game room, and 1 of 2 gyms. Spacious and on the ground ground level, this can be converted to showcase autos, motorcycles, create an amazing work from home space. yoga studio, or other!
Upstairs is the Palatial Master suite, plus 2 additional en-suite bedrooms, and on the grounds beyond the pool is the 1 bedroom, 1 bath pool house. Beautifully landscaped and well-manicured grounds.
Highlights of Home & Property
Main Level Includes
- Fantastic gourmet kitchen; 50 sq foot leathered stone island and breakfast bar, a butler’s pantry, and top of the line Miele appliances
- Living Room with completely retractable glass doors for full enjoyment of the deck, ocean and mountain views
- The deck spans the whole main level, perfect for lounging or star gazing. On cool nights stay cozy under Infrared heaters
- Separate dining room for 10+, built for views & indoor/outdoor enjoyment. Dual doors open to balcony
- Large Family room with fireplace and wall to wall picture windows
- Large library/office, a stately space, you can also see views from your desk!
- En-suite bedroom 1 of 3 is located on this floor, and also opens to the deck
2nd floor Includes
- Palatial Master Suite with: Private Princess Balcony, sitting room that looks out to the ocean, fireplace - get cozy!, spa bath and steam shower, and large walk-in closet
- 2nd and 3rd en-suite bedrooms
- Separate “hangout room”
- Light and bright laundry room
- 2nd of 2 gyms
An Entertainer’s dream property! Feel like you're on a resort just going to your pool. Lush, green foliage lines stone pathways and a rock waterfall tumbles down into the solar heated, salt water pool. Plus! Commercial grade pizza oven, complete state-of-the-art, shaded outdoor kitchen, and private 1bd 1ba pool house. Mature fruit trees are among multiple raised veggie beds.
Property & Area
Complete renovation to the home and property were done over the last 5 years. Los Gatos Schools. 20 minutes to San Jose Airport or to the beaches of Santa Cruz.
European Oak flooring, and radiant Heat in all en-suite bathrooms
Main deck with infrared heaters, electric awning, and fully retractable doors
Complete home renovation in 2016, down to the hardware!
Sonos sound throughout
4 car gar plus 4+ guest parking
7 kW Solar power offsets electricity bill
Automatic whole-house backup generator, water well
Entire property gated and fenced
- Oversized Room Floorplan
- Chef’s Kitchen with Miele Appliances
- Sweeping Monterey Bay & Mountain Views
- Indoor/Outdoor Living
- Slate Tile Roof
- Resort Salt Water Pool with Waterfall
- Top Line Home Theater
- Easy Access to Downtown Los Gatos
- Easy access to Santa Cruz beaches
- Quick to Summit Store
- Short Drive to Local Schools